- Participating in a progressive surf camp with the Surf Sister instructors
- Exploring the tropical lush forest around our eco-hotel
- Enjoying uncrowded beaches and surf breaks in front of our beautiful accommodation
- Learning about turtle conservation efforts
- Enjoying the camaraderie of like-minded, female travellers
- Practicing yoga daily with a certified instructor
ITINERARY: Days 1 – 8
Upon arrival in the international airport in San Salvador, we will transfer you to our charming accommodation in San Salvador. The next morning, we enjoy a 1/2 day guided tour of some of San Salvador’s highlights before transferring to the beach in eastern El Salvador near El Cuco. Our private 4* accommodation is surrounded by tropic lush forest, sandy beach and volcanic landscape right in front of Punta Mango beach and point break.
During our program, you will have the opportunity to participate in daily yoga session, progressive surf lessons and training accompanied by 3 delicious meals per day. Enjoy this slice of tropical paradise with the wonderful camaraderie of other like-minded souls.
We start with proper surfing technique, etiquette, equipment and ocean safety, and we leave lots of time each class to hit the surf to practice your new skills. As you progress through the week, experienced Surf Sister coaches will teach you all their secrets with the ultimate goal of riding a “green” peeling wave.
YOGA: The Ashtanga practice is suitable for all levels of fitness and flexibility. Each posture has many modifications and you will be supported and encouraged to develop your personal practice according to what is right for your body. Yoga is optional of course, but is included in the package and excellent for flexibility.
SURFING: Surf Sister‘s professional certified surf instructors have partnered with Salvadorean surfers to ensure that you have the best experience possible in El Salvador. Hotel Los Mangos is right in front of Punta Mango point break. Just walk down the stairs towards the beach and can start paddling! This is a cobble stone right point break and fun beach break, surrounded by beautiful mountains located in one of El Salvador’s more remote areas. This is a paradise for those who are looking for warm uncrowded waves, perfect for improving those surf skills! This is a little slice of paradise!
GROUP: Small group min 8 to max 14 persons
SCHEDULE: Your days will vary however the average day will look like…
Morning: Breakfast, Yoga, Surf Lesson
Noon: Lunch and rest
Afternoon: Free time to surf, activity, stretching
Evening: Dinner, evening activities
INCLUDED EXCURSION: Visit a Turtle Conservation project in El Maculis. Located on the southeast coast of El Salvador, El Maculis is an important site for both nesting and foraging Hawksbills. Learn about sea turtle project initiatives.
Later we visit Conchagua, a stratovolcano in southeastern El Salvador, overlooking the Gulf of Fonseca and black sand beaches.
– Kayaking excursion through mangrove forest
– Visit to the charming colonial town of Alegria and learn about the coffee process from seed to cup at the Berlin Coffee Plantation
PLEASE NOTE: This itinerary is subject to change. Although we always do our best to stick to the itinerary, due to the ever changing nature of our world, activities, hotels, and sites are subject to change due to forces beyond our control.
PASSPORTS: Must be valid for at least 6 months upon return date to your home country. Proper documentation is the responsibility of each traveller.
• 7 nights eco-hotel accommodation (Los Mangos)
• 1 night accommodation in a charming hotel in San Salvador upon arrival
• Progressive Surf Camp with the Surf Sister Surf Instructors
• 1/2 day sight-seeing tour of San Salvador
• Meals as per itinerary (7B, 7L, 7D)
• Private services and group excursions
• One complementary massage at Los Mangos
• Experienced bilingual guide services
• Airport Transfers
• All applicable taxes
• International flights (can be arranged through us email@example.com)
• Mandatory travel medical insurance and optional cancellation insurance (can be arranged through us firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Services not specified, meals not specified
• Expenses due to mishaps
• Tips for surf instructors, local guides, service staff, drivers, housekeeping, etc
• Alcohol, laundry or other personal expenses
• Departure taxes (if applicable)
– Though we will do our best to follow this itinerary as closely as possible, it is subject to change due to factors beyond our control
– Please note that it is the responsibility of each traveller to make sure they have the proper shots, documentation, etc.
– Passports MUST BE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS BEYOND YOUR RETURN DATE TO YOUR COUNTRY. Finisterra is not responsible for improper documentation.
Surf Sister was founded in 1999 to promote women’s surfing in Tofino and worldwide. Surf Sister’s goal is not to exclude men from our lessons, rather it’s to make sure that women feel included when trying surfing in Tofino for the first time.
All Surf Sister instructors meet the requirements for safety and training as determined by the British Columbia Association of Surf Instructors (BCASI) and hold certificates for Standard First Aid, CPR, and Lifesaving. We are also the only surf school in Canada to be accredited by the National Surf School and Instructors Association (NSSIA) which is the highest governing body in the surf instruction industry in North America.
So what are you waiting for? Join us for the experience of a lifetime. We’ll be out there having a blast, sharing our passion for waves.
Check out one of our surf videos from a staff trip to Taiwan HERE.
Date: FEB 18 – 26th, 2018
Full payment is due 60 prior to departure.